Saturday, October 16, 2010

I forgot what it was like...

...to run errands without kids.

I left Mason and Patrick (and the stepdaughter) with Bob today so I could run a few errands. I was able to pick up some last minute things we needed for breakfast tomorrow (potatoes, and a rolling pin for homemade tortillas), buy Bob some cigarettes (Yeah he started smoking again. I did too, but I quit again), and wash my car.

Speaking of my car...

Sometime today someone hit it. I wasn't there when it happened and it wasn't bad, but now I have a HUGE ugly black gouge on the front bumper. It's the first freaking thing you see when you look at my car. I think I may cry now.

Anyway, my trip to run errands sans kids made me realize how bad I need a night out. We have another spouses dinner on November 10th, but I don't think I want to wait that long. Any local readers out there want to hook up some night let me know what's up and I'll get Bob on board watching the boys so I can join you for a little tequila.

Bob has "K" Culture School on November 30th and December 1st. I'll likely be leaving Mason and Patrick in Abilene after Thanksgiving and sleeping the whole time I have the house to myself. Now if I could just find someone to take my dog for the week because he still wakes up in the middle of the night too.

No comments: