Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Loki, Patrick, and A Boy

It's been a crazy week already and it's only Wednesday. I've avoided blogging for a little bit because it seems that every time I talk about something on here or facebook that may not make sense to someone, they find a way to twist it around and try to make it mean something it doesn't (or maybe it does and you just don't need to worry about it... HAHA just kidding).

Moving on...
Saturday night I woke up to Lindsey telling me Loki pooped all over the bathroom floor and there was blood. I cleaned it up and went back to bed thinking he had eaten something that didn't agree with him. Sunday morning I woke up to more blood and a bunch of dog mess in the bathroom. It smelled AWFUL...way worse than "normal". He wouldn't eat or drink or take his treats. He didn't want to play, and he wouldn't go outside. He just laid behind the toilet and whimpered. After doing some research, talking to some friends, and some vets I decided to be safe and take him in because all signs pointed to Parvo and I cannot have that around my children. The shelters were closed since it's Sunday so I found an emergency vet (ohh let me back up and say there is noooo way I can afford any of the treatments out there for this). The vet suggested it be best we leave Loki with him, I agreed and requested he not call to tell us any news. I'm 99% sure they put him down, but like I said I didn't want to know. There is no way I could handle knowing.

I cried, Lindsey cried, Patrick... well Patrick took it the hardest of all. He was inconsolable and NOTHING would calm him down... except the fish tank at the vet so I decided to go spend the last $20 I had for the week and buy him a fish. It's a blue beta and he named him A Boy. He loves A Boy and he says good morning to him every day and goodnight to him every night. He feeds him and "plays" with him (which is making faces and talking to him through the fish bowl).  Patrick still asks for Loki, but Margie told him a great story about what happens when our pets pass away and he seems to be doing better.

We spent all day Sunday bleaching, scrubbing, shampooing, and cleaning the apartment and my car (though you can't tell about my car because it's a mess already).

No comments: