Sunday, June 12, 2011

My house to yours

It's 188 miles from Arlington to Huntsville. That feels a lot longer than it sounds. I don't think you realize how much you've changed my life since you walked up to me at Souper Salad on April 15th. I realized while we sat in the theater and watched Sucker Punch that you and I would had serious potential. I knew as we left the movie and drove back to get my car that I wanted you to meet my children.

When I was down about my first Mother's Day as a single mom you drove in to see me. You met my boys that day. We ended up at Souper Salad again (we will eat here every time you come now because it's special to me). This was the first time you spent the night and waking up next to you felt great! Sleeping alone really sucks.

When I heard you were sick and in the ER I cried, and cried, and cried some more. I hated that I couldn't be there with you. I was scared.

Last week I got to meet your youngest son. He's such a well behaved handsome young man. I can tell you have taught your boys great manners and respect. I appreciate you for that. It takes a strong man to do what you've done. To handle what you've been dealt. We went to Souper Salad for dinner and managed to survive it with a teenager, a pre-teen, and two toddlers... and had a great laugh at "ohh that one's not ours" LMAO

Thursday I finally made the drive to see you. It was wayyy longer than 188 miles because I was leaving from Chad's apartment (where I'd been working all day). The second best part of the trip was being able to stop at Buc-ee's but the best part of the trip...

Even though I looked a hot mess from working and sweating all day you still wrapped your arms around me and kissed me. <3 <3 <3

I met your other son and again I must say you did one heck of a job raising your boys. I admire you for all you've done. You're a hard working man, a great father, and an amazing boyfriend.

I'm glad you are in my life. I desire to drop that 188 miles down to far less, but for now I'd make that drive every day if it meant being in your arms when I reached my destination.

No comments: