Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Apple and carrots



...it's what's for dinner. Well for Mason anyway. I started making our own baby food a couple of weeks ago and I love it. It is so easy. I have the Baby Pro all in one Meal Maker from The First Years. It steams and purees in one machine and it takes up minimal space. Clean up is a breeze and it's grey so it's not a huge eye sore if I leave it out on the counter. It's no bigger than my 2 slice toaster, and best of all it's BPA free. After I steam and puree I spoon the food into ice trays and wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for about 36 hours then I remove from ice trays and store in gallon sized zip lock bags marked with contents and date. Oh in case your wondering after I steam the carrots I drain the liquid (to eliminate some nitrates) and puree with formula (breast milk works too). The food freezes really well and stays fresh for about 6 weeks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

new follower~
http://humboldtcherry.blogspot.com/