Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Oh How I've Missed Thee

DOMS that is (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). After a pretty decent leg workout on Sunday (we're keeping it light weight high reps for now since we've been away from it for so long) I've got some pretty good DOMS going in my quads and hams. They hurt like no other, but it feels so nice. I enjoy the "My muscles are torn and feel like they are going to fall apart at any minute" feeling. It reassures me that I kicked some butt in the gym. It gives me motivation to keep going. It feels fantastic.

Yesterday we worked our backs. We found a new machine that they didn't have at *that other gym we used to work out at*, but I can't for the life of me remember what the exercise was called. All I know is for once I was able to feel the muscles in my back working WHILE I was working out. No DOMS to report in the back as of yet, but second day DOMS are always killer while you may not feel anything on day one.

I am really enjoying LifeTime Fitness, but rumor has it another gym offers discounts to employees of the company Bob works for. I always love saving money, so we may check out this other gym and see what they have to offer. I don't know if anyone can measure up to the childcare center that LifeTime Fitness has though. Patrick cries when I pick him up from the center because they have so much for the kids to do he doesn't want to go home. Not to mention the pools and waterslides, the bistro, the rock climbing wall, the basketball courts, and of course the salon.

We'll be back in the gym tonight, but I'm not sure of our plan of attack yet, as that's Bob's area. He tells me what we're working and I follow along. I do know that Wednesday we'll be getting our fitness tests done. I am very interested in seeing what my bodyfat percentage is at now. I do wish I had a bit more time to burn off these extra 7 pounds I've put on since we stopped working out.

No comments: