Friday, October 15, 2010

Update on my mom and Matt

I don't know if any of you are aware of what happened with my mom's boyfriend so I'll do some back story here.

The weekend before Patrick's birthday party I got a phone call from my grandmother. She said my mom had just called her and Matt had been in an accident.

Matt is a truck driver and my mom was on the road with him. Before hooking up to his next load he was checking the trailer to make sure it was clean. Another driver let off his brake and rolled back smashing Matt between his trailer and the one of the other driver.

He was airlifted to Vanderbuilt University in Tennessee. They didn't think he was going to make it. He had a collapsed lung, a shattered pelvis and a couple broken ribs.

Well long story short, he proved them all wrong and pulled through. Even the doctors were amazed. My mom transported him back to Texas so they could be with family. He's doing great getting around with his walker. He needs the chair sometimes, but when we saw them he looked great. Well he was still a little swollen from the drive home, but he looked great.

My mom gives him round the clock care which is awesome, but she'll need a night out when he's 100%.

I'm going to see them again on Tuesday so I can take him to his first visit with his doctors in Texas.

I am happy I've gotten back into blogging. I think knowing I have a local reader and the possibility I know this person IRL is making me want to blog more. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for a skin care review!!! Be ready for some hideous before pictures lol

No comments: