Wednesday, October 20, 2010

World Diabetes Day

In January 2007 I found out I was pregnant with Patrick and joined a website for expecting mothers and fathers. Upon joining the website I began to make friends with many ladies due around the same time as myself. Nearly 4 years later and I still have contact with most of these ladies.

One lady in particular I formed a great bond with. We would chat, text, email, call, and send gifts. We laughed together, cried together, and even had a period where we lost touch. I remember getting texts at 2 am from Niki while she was being treated for pre-term labor. I'd jump on the computer to update the rest of the board.

Niki went on to get pregnant again and gave birth 6 months before I had Mason. Little CJ was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes just before her first birthday. It's been a rough road for Niki and her family, but they have an amazing support system.

Please take a minute to learn about CJ's story and educate yourself on diabetes.


Sunday November 14th is World Diabetes Day!!!

Will you join us in wearing blue to show your support for Sweet CJ and the other 40 children who are diagnosed PER DAY!!! with type 1 diabetes?

You can bet the Tankersley family will be wearing blue!!!!!



We would also love to see photos of your blue posted on the facebook event page so Niki can print them out for CJ's memory book.

No comments: