Friday, January 7, 2011

Change of Plans

Bob texts me today and tells me to call him ASAP. Turns out the Eagle Pass job has too much work going on so they are not shutting down for District Meeting. Which means Bob has to stay there. I was so upset. See, as a spouse I look forward to DM every year. It's the only chance we have to catch up with our other spouse friends from different projects. We only see each other once a year.

After a phone call to Carlos it has been decided that I will go to DM by myself this year. As secretary of the KFS (Kiewit Family Support) Group, I should probably be there to answer any questions since our president is Central District and won't be attending our Spouse Functions.

It's going to be awkward without Bob there, but I'm sure I can find someone to hang out and drink with (a lot of people probably). I know the survey spouses will let me tag a long. :)

This also means I am going to have a HUUUUGE bed all to myself. I am looking forward to that the most.

No comments: