Monday, January 24, 2011

Life as a "single" mother

I HATE HATE HATE the question "so what DO you do all day". You want to know what I do all day? Let me tell you what I do all day! This blog is what a typical work day looks like for me.

I get up between 5:00 and 5:30 am for some quiet mommy time.
Sometime between 6:00 and 7:00 am one or both boys wake up.
As soon as Patrick gets up it's time to try to use the potty and we all brush our teeth and get dressed.
As soon as both boys are up it's time to eat. I make Patrick's cereal and feed Mason while he eats.
I clean up the breakfast mess while Mason plays and Patrick watches Mickey Mouse.
Mason goes back down for a nap and Patrick and I build houses with his Legos (he isn't allowed to play with them when Mason is awake) and watch Playhouse Disney.
I also get some cleaning done at this time.
As soon as Mason wakes from his nap it's lunch time.
After lunch we read and do some coloring or other crafty project.
Around 4:00 I hope for another nap out of Mason so I can get a shower before work.
Mom and Matt get here between 5:00 and 6:00 depending on when I need to be at work. We discuss how the boys are doing that day and what's for dinner.
Between 6:00 and 6:30 I'm at work until 9:30 (later if we have a floor set).
I get home to relieve Mom and Matt and if I'm lucky and both boys are sleeping I heat up whatever is left from dinner.
I sit down to write my blog for the next day and watch a little tv and I end up falling asleep on the couch (it's less lonely than sleeping in a bed alone)
Sometime around 2:00 am I wake up and get in the bed so I can hear Mason when he wakes up.
This is normally when I break down and start crying because I miss him and wish he was here with me.

No comments: