Saturday, December 11, 2010

11 years ago...

tomorrow (December 12th)

I woke up at 5:30 am with the world's worst "stomach ache". My mom woke up because I kept turning the bathroom light on.
"What's wrong?" she said "I feel like I need to use the bathroom, but I can't", "You're just in labor go back to sleep". HA like that happened.

I started timing contractions and they were 5 minutes apart lasting about a minute each. At 7 we woke Chuck up and told him I was in labor. He said "okay babe, wake me up when you're in labor" umm Chuck GET UP!!!! We're going to the hospital.

Mom, Chuck, and I made the drive from North Richland Hills to Grapevine to Baylor Hospital. I remember the water running in the bathroom and it wouldn't turn off (that's irrelevant, but it's a vivid memory). I remember getting up to Labor and Delivery and getting in bed. I remember having to drink some purple jello-y stuff to keep me from getting nauseated.

After that I was out, I can only remember bits and pieces. I remember my mom having to hold my hand up so I could sign for the epidural. I remember getting the epi and I remember telling the doctor "I feel like I'm being torn in half, she's tearing me" the doctor said "no no you're fine" Then I remember them handing kayla to Chuck? maybe my mom held her first... and I remember the doctor saying "okay, now we have to give you stitches because she tore you" NO KIDDING!!!! I told you she was you idiot.

I remember Mom, Chuck, Nana, Teresa, Alysa, Philip, Jennifer, Ashley, and Bubba being there. I remember asking Bubba to bring me McDonalds.

Kayla Ann Norris was born on December 12, 1999 at 1:07 pm (7 hours and 37 minutes after my first contraction) weighing in at a whopping 9 lbs 4 oz

Happy Birthday Noses!!! Mama loves you!!!!


No comments: