Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Baby is ONE!!!!!!

Can someone please tell me how this happened? I can't believe this day is here. It seems like just yesterday I was ready to kill the Emergency Room guy. In honor of my baby not being a baby anymore here is his birth story. Some of you know this story, but I think most of you do not.

On Sunday December 27th Bob and I were doing our weekly grocery shopping at HEB. It was at this store that I started losing the MP. Gross I know!

On Monday December 28th I woke up in pain, bleeding, and couldn't tell when I needed to use the bathroom. The nurse line suggested I come into the office. My doctor was called to an emergency before I arrived so they sent us to L&D to get checked out. Bob couldn't come up with me because he had Patrick. We didn't think I'd be there long so they just chilled in the waiting room. Eventually I sent them home because it was going on like 8 hours. I was not having contractions, I was not making any progress, and my doctor hadn't come to see me. I was diagnosed with a UTI and the doctor wanted to keep me over night. I broke down! I just freaking lost it!!! I was crying and I was tired, I was hungry, and I was overdue for an insulin shot. I begged the nurse to ask my doctor to send me home if I promised I'd come to his office first thing in the morning. He finally agreed to my terms. Total time spent in L&D was 11 hours.

On Tuesday December 29th Bob took me to Dr. Cisneros at 10:00 am. I was hooked up to the NST and I think I may have had one contraction during that hour. He did an internal and said Mason was high up and I was not progressed at all. He told me to make an appointment for the following week, and I said no need, I'll see you tonight. He laughed at me.

We got my prescription filled for the antibiotic for my UTI, then went home to grab a bite to eat and let Bob change for the gym. I took some Evening Primrose Oil and we headed out. Bob dropped Patrick and I off at the mall about 2:00 and headed to the gym. We spent 2 hours walking around Charming Charlie looking for the perfect District Meeting dress to spend my gift card Bob got me for Christmas. About 3:30 I started having pains, not contractions, but the kind of pains you would get when you run too hard. We made a trip to the bathroom and I noticed I was bleeding pretty bad. I knew Bob would be back in about and hour so Patrick and I headed back to Charming Charlie. I found 2 dresses, a purse, shoes, and jewelry and we checked out. Bob picked us up about 4:30 ish. He said I looked like crap when he got there (thanks honey I love you too).

When we got home I asked Bob to start dinner while I laid down so the pain would go away. About 6:30 I started timing the contractions. They were about 3 minutes apart and lasting 1 minute each. I told Bob he needed to stop dinner so we could go to the hospital. He kept telling me no, that they would just send me home or I'd throw a fit like I did the night before. I told him I didn't care he better take me NOW!!!!! We headed toward the hospital about 8:00.

When I got to the hospital it was about 8:20 and I had to check into the Emergency Department. At this point my contractions were on top of each other and the ER guy was asking WAY TOO MANY questions. I was ready to kick him if he didn't get me upstairs and fast.

Once I got upstairs it took all my strength just to change into the gown. I was so grateful that the nurses from the night before were there again. After getting me in the bed the nurse in training did an internal and said she thought I was at an 8. The other nurse double checked and goes nope "SHE'S A 10, AND THERE GOES HER WATER GET EVERYONE IN HERE NOW!!!" My doctor wasn't there, Bob wasn't there (he had to stay downstairs with Patrick again). I remember the nurse struggling with the curtain since the door is open and I said "I don't care about the damn curtain he's coming if they see my junk then they see my junk" (those were my exact words) she said don't push Sara, I said I HAVE TO, she said wait breath through it. I said I can't he's doing it on his own. She looks and goes "yup, here he comes".

15 minutes after arriving in the Emergency Department Mason was born on December 29th at 8:36 pm weighing 8 pounds 8.2 ounces. As the nurses were doing their thing they brought me my phone so I could call Bob. He says "so are they sending you home?" I said "No, Mason and I have to stay here at least 24 hours" That confused him so I said "listen" and held the phone up so he could hear Mason crying. He said "No shit?" Yes honey...no shit. HA!
December 2009

January 2010

 February 2010

 March 2010

April 2010

 May 2010

 Early July 2010 (apparently I didn't take pictures in June)

Late July 2010

August 2010

 September 2010

 October 2010

November 2010

December 2010 

1 comment:

Lilac said...

Awesome birth story! Thanks for sharing. :-)