Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tankersley Update

Seems it's been a while since I talked about how everyone is doing, so here ya go.

Mason:
I just took Mason to the ER on Friday because I noticed he had fluid filled blisters. They started in his diaper area and then spread to his trunk and face. The doctor tried to tell me it was mite bites from the dogs, but the last time I checked mite bites don't give you a fever. Yesterday I noticed even more blisters on him and now they are in his diaper area, belly, back, chest, face, neck, and even the top of his head.
Those of you who've known me for a while know that Patrick had impetigo when he was 8 months old. It started out just like this, but with bigger blisters. I REALLY don't want to deal with that again. Not to mention it is so freaking contagious and we've had other kids in the house.
I can't get Mason into a pediatrician here in town, the Urgent Care Center doesn't take our insurance and I REALLY don't want to deal with the ER again. He didn't even take a culture to see if it could be something else. If he starts a fever again or they keep popping up I may just drive back to DFW so he can see his pediatrician. He's in good spirits though so that makes me happy. I just hope he gets over this (whatever THIS is) soon.

Oh and he weighs 22 pounds as of Friday

Patrick:
Patrick has slowly started the potty learning process again. Only problem is when we move on Friday will he regress again? His favorite words are currently "No" and "huh?". He's having issues with there being too many authority figures in the house and he's started to act out like all of the other kids. I cannot wait for the move. Other than that he's doing really good. I DO need to have him tested for food allergies because I think he may have a problem with red coloring in food. It messes with his belly like chocolate does and we're going through WAY TOO MANY diapers.

Mommy and Daddy:
Bob got a phone call from his boss yesterday...
He'll no longer be working on the DART project in Irving. He'll be back down in the Valley working on...well that's not important, but he'll be shuffled back and forth between Brownsville and Eagle Pass. Because he'll be split between two projects and other reasons, the boys and I will be staying in Arlington.
I am still wanting a job and I won't be able to work in McAllen because I won't have anyone to watch the boys. In Arlington I still have my mom close by. Not to mention Bob said he's glad I finally made friends IRL (ha) and he doesn't want me to have to start all over again.
The boys and I will be stable in Arlington and Bob will come home every other weekend. He leaves December 4th and I won't see him until they get out for the holiday break. This also means a bit of a pay raise. Now granted the pay raise will all go toward Bob's rent and groceries, but once I start working it's going to be great.

One weekend that Bob doesn't come home I'm planning a trip to Arkansas to see Lindsey and Curtis.


Speaking of Lindsey, as you may or may not know, my stepdaughter is also Lindsey. They are having her tested for diabetes on Tuesday. I am scared for her because I KNOW how scary that is. She's 11 so I can only imagine what it will be like for her.

Other than that I guess we're all doing fantastic.

No comments: