Saturday, November 27, 2010

Today Was a Better Day Than Yesterday

Lindsey (the stepdaughter, not the BFF) and I went to Cowboys Stadium to watch Cooper play Denton Guyer. We couldn't really see Alysa because she was in the middle of the girls and they wouldn't let us sit right behind them like normal. We ended up leaving at Half Time because Cooper was losing 24-0. They ended up losing the game, so their playoff time has come to an end.

I'm slowly figuring out where everything is in Arlington. Luckily I have friends here that can help me when I get lost :p. For those that know what happened yesterday, we're all doing fine, and I don't have any news about what will come of it in the future. I'll be sure to update you all when I find out. I imagine we'll be getting a phone call soon.

The feel good moment of the day was when I went to buy Bob cigarettes, I got carded, but didn't have my ID with me because during the commotion yesterday I had to take it out of my wallet and I guess I stuffed it in the diaper bag. The guy at the gas station said ID please, I informed him I didn't have it but I gave him my birthdate, he said do you swear to God you're 27? I said I swear, he said okay since you're so beautiful I'll believe you. :)

The random moment of the day happened when Lindsey and I were leaving the apartment to head to the game, random dude in random truck waves at us as we're driving out, okay no big deal, but then when we get to the intersection another random dude in a random truck waves at us. Then driving down the freeway and ANOTHER random dude honks and waves.

Okay, and second random of the day JUST happened. The landline rings, I answer it and this chick goes "helllllooooooooo" um hi "who is this" nobody, who is this? "somebody, who is this?" ummm I have children that are sleeping maybe you shouldn't call random people "okay, bye have a good night" WTF?????

The bad part of the day is the fact that my tooth is killing me, I am in so much pain I am near tears. I feel like the whole left side of my face is swollen. I hope it goes away before Monday because I'd rather not interview with a swollen face and being in pain. Speaking of my interview I am so stoked and I really hope I get this job since I don't have any other leads at the moment. If not, I hope my mom and Matt will keep the boys next week one day so I can put more applications in.

Tomorrow we are taking Lindsey home, and Bob flies out to Omaha Monday after my interview. He'll be back on Wednesday and is taking vacation Thursday and Friday. He leaves for Brownsville on Saturday. I am scared about taking care of the boys by myself. Hopefully I am strong enough to do this. It's going to be pretty lonely at night after they go to bed, I think that's when it will all hit me. *sigh* I think I need to hear it from someone else, that i am strong enough to do it by myself and that the boys and I will be fine. It will be about three weeks before we get to see Bob again.

No comments: